Saturday, June 04, 2016

My 10 Favourite Performances in 2015

Not necessarily a definitive list of the best acting performances, per se (although quality of the performance and convincingness are important in my judgement of it), but also how much it spoke to me, whether it be due to the character, the way the actor gave their role depth, or both. For an example of a past list, here be 2010's Hall of Fame.

10. Daisy Ridley & John Boyega, Star Wars: The Force Awakens 


09. Michael B. Jordan, Creed

08. Mae Whitman, The DUFF 

07. Jacob Tremblay, Room 

06. Domhnall Gleeson, The Revenant 

05. Bel Powley, Diary of a Teenage Girl

04. Andrew Garfield, 99 Homes

03. Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years

02. Rooney Mara, Carol 


01. Saoirse Ronan (my Irish Queen who is no stranger to favourite performances of the year lists), Brooklyn

Breakdown by BBFC rating:
18: 1
15: 5
12A: 4

And because I'm a shady cow... My 5 Least Favourite Performances
01. Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl 
02. Cara Delevigne, Paper Towns 
03. Will Ferrell, Get Hard
04. Jennifer Lawrence, Joy 
05. Josh Hutcherson, Mockingjay part 2

No comments: