Saturday, January 09, 2016

2016 Golden Globe predictions.

I'd planned on doing more blogging during this movie awards season, but I am the worst procrastinator in the world. I've actually done a decent job this year keeping afloat of seeing all Best Picture contenders, so there's still time (quick FYI: I'm championing Carol this year). Once the Oscar nominations get announced, I'll try my darndest to analyse each category like I did once upon a time. But for now, Golden Globe predictions for the awards tonight!

Picture – Spotlight
Director – Todd Haynes (a girl can dream!)
Picture, Comedy – The Martian
Screenplay – Spotlight
Actor, Drama – Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Actor, Musical/Comedy – Matt Damon, The Martian 
Actress, Drama – Brie Larson, Room 
Actress, Musical/Comedy – Maggie Smith, The Lady in the Van
Supporting Actress – Alicia Vikander, Ex Machina (or Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs. Difficult to call as AV is a double-nominee and they may not want her to leave empty-handed).
Supporting Actor – Sylvester Stallone, Creed 
Animated- Inside Out
Score – Carol
Song – See You Again




These are all fairly standard predictions, bar Haynes for director. But he deserves to win; much of the beauty of Carol was thanks to his direction, and I'm praying the star f_ckers at the Golden Globes recognise that!

No comments: