Friday, June 21, 2013

An awful attempt to give myself a French manicure.

I've graduated!~~~ I got a 2:1 in Economics, which means all those endless nights of studying Taylor Rules, logit and probit regressions, memorising elasticity equations, solving mathematical problems pertaining to moral hazard and auction theory, pretending to give a damn about the stock market, reading the FT, deriving Hotelling formulae and memorising facts about tax evasion have amounted to something.

To celebrate, I went on a bit of a splurge, buying a tonne of girly crap I didn't really need. One of these things was a Bourjois Paris French manicure kit, because I'll be entering the working world next month and I want give the semblance of a ~classy lady~ in worldplace, even if I'm anything but. The kit was £9.99 for three things:


It's classily packaged stuff, and extremely functional. I can imagine that if applied correctly and accurately, it will give the look that you can get in the salon. However, I'm a completely nail polish n00b and so my attempts were rather amateurish, to say the least:



This is somewhat of an embarrassment: uneven application, chipped at parts, smudged... I definitely need to train.

I'm a big fan of this product though, and will continue to use it until that elusive day when I actually get it right!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats Emma! :D About the evenness thing, I think some kits contain like... sticky strips which you put down and then peel off to leave a straight line for the white stuff? That can probably help.

Emma said...

Will do! I've heard I can get some in the pound shop, so I will try that out :D

elliottbrown777 said...

Nice tutorial, but you should either file your nails oval or square, because they don't look very even. its just a tip, i think your nails would look much better that way. To get more info please visit http://researchpapergiant.com/research-paper-examples/. =)