Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Creative bbfc warnings. You know you love them.

Got hold of my gossip girl season 1 boxset at the weekend, and along with watching the TV programme, I enjoy reading the bbfc consumer information for each episode.

The show has been rated a 15, even though most of the episodes are a 12, because, of course, they have to take the highest ratings.

Taylor Momsen is pretty. But not as pretty as Leighton Meester

Anyway, these are some of my favourite consumer infos:

For the episode Woman on the Verge: 15 - Contains hard drug references, preparation and use (makes it sound like an episode of Nigella or Ready Steady Cook!)

For the episode All About My Brother: 12 - Contains infrequent moderate sex references and homophobic abuse

For the episode Poison Ivy: 15 - Contains suicide references

Ever since the bbfc got all creative with their information to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – “contains mild violence and fantasy spiders” – things have just gotten better and better. Love it! xoxo

7 comments:

Just a girl said...

LOL! That's hilarious. They're really covering all bases, aren't they?

x
JAG

Emma said...

Indeed!

Anonymous said...

It's a miracle! An article where Emma doesn't say "bung"!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Emma, I'm in love with Leighton Meester. Feel free to put up as many pictures of her as possible. The one you have on the sidebar is a good start.

Emma said...

HAI!!!

Isn't Leighton gorgeous? Off the top of my head, this is the only picture I can find of her right now, but give me a minute and I'll bung some more up.

Are you enjoying gossip girl the show?

Anonymous said...

Of all the images of Leighton Meester, that one's not actually that flattering Emma!

www.vizcaya-3d.com said...

It will not truly have success, I feel like this.